A Mishap / Ein Fehlversuch


Dear friends,


Sometimes people ask me where I get my ideas from. That's a nasty question really because it's so hard to answer.

Where do I get my ideas from? Sometimes I stumble in a magazine or on pinterest over something which intrigues me; most of the time I've got some picture in my head (don't know where it comes from though); sometimes I'm lying awake at night and I juggle ideas and patterns till they fall into place like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle; and sometimes it's simply yarn itself. Seeing yarn, enjoying the colours, feeling it's texture and I've got at least three or four ideas of what I could make out of the yarn (in this case I'll put the yarn aside and let the ideas simmer for a while – no use being over-hasty!).

Do I ever lack ideas? Frankly said: NO! It might happen I'm a little overwhelmed with the amount of ideas crying out loud in my head that I do not know what I should do next. But I haven't suffered a writer's block in front of a blank sheet of paper - so far.



Two weeks ago I showed you a picture of “something to frog”. That was the result of one of those ideas that came out of nowhere but were impossible to realize (pretty hard to realise this when you're halfway through though).

Reluctant to frog all I'd crochet so far, I tried to save as much as I could and thus I turned the mishap into something else - into a poncho.
  

2015 my youngest gave me this yarn as a Christmas-present. One mishap later...
  
A rough how-to:





I'll keep in touch!



Let's stay connected!


Atelier Marie-Lucienne NEWS (Newsletter Sign-up)

Instagram

Facebook

Website






Liebe Freunde,


manchmal werde ich gefragt, woher ich meine Ideen habe. Blöde Frage - aber nur, weil sie so schwer zu beantworten ist.

Woher habe ich meine Ideen? Nun, manchmal stolpere ich in einem Magazin oder bei pinterest über etwas, was mich neugierig macht; manchmal schwirrt mir ein Bild im Kopf herum (aber ich habe keine Ahnung woher es kommt); manchmal liege ich nachts wach und schiebe Ideen und Muster hin und her bis sie zusammenpassen wie die Teile eines Puzzles; und manchmal ist es das Garn selbst. Ich schaue es an, verliebe mich in das Farbenspiel oder in die Textur und prompt weiß ich drei oder vier Sachen, die ich aus dem Garn machen könnte. In diesem Fall lege ich das Garn noch eine Weile beiseite und lass die Ideen etwas reifen – es gibt ja keinen Grund voreilig zu handeln und es dann zu bereuen.

Gehen mir schon mal die Ideen aus? Ehrlich gesagt: NEIN! Es kommt schon mal vor, dass ich vor lauter Ideen nicht weiß, was ich als nächstes machen soll. Aber ich hatte noch nie eine Schreibblockade wie ein Schriftsteller, der vor einem leeren Blatt Papier sitzt und dem nichts einfallen will.


Vor zwei Wochen habe ich etwas gezeigt, das zum Aufribbeln verdammt war. Es war das Resultat eines dieser Ideen, die aus dem Nichts auftauchen, bei denen sich dann aber letztendlich herausstellt, dass sie nicht so einfach umzusetzen sind (nur ärgerlich wenn man das erst feststellt, wenn man schon dreiviertel gehäkelt hat).

Widerwillig alles auf zu ribbeln, habe ich nach einem Weg gesucht, wenigstens ein Teil zu retten und habe meinen Fehlversuch in einen Poncho umgewandelt.


Weihnachten 2015 bekam ich diese Wolle von meinem Jüngsten geschenkt. Und im zweiten Anlauf wurde daraus: Voilà!
  
  
Eine grobe Anleitung:



Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

Kommentare

  1. Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a cozy week !
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Well, for one thing, your mishap is fantastic! Love it is so versatile to wear and I must say those stitches are mind-blowingly neat!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Maya.
      I've not been fond of ponchos so far but the vest would have been horrible so maybe the mishap wasn't a mishap after all...
      Have a great day!
      Marjan

      Löschen
  3. So pretty! I wish all my failed projects could turn out so great at the end...Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, Teresa.
      Most of my failed projects end up being frogged. But I was very reluctant to frog the complete vest though and now I'm happy I didn't!
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  4. Hallo meine liebe Marjan,
    ich meine aber, der "Fehlversuch" kann sich ja wirklich sehen lassen;
    bin begeistert. Der Poncho sieht super aus!
    Bei mir ist es oft mal auch so; tausend Ideen schwirren im Kopf umher, dann geht's an die Umsetzung uuuuund manchmal wird es halt NICHTS bzw. erst nach dem zweiten Versuch.... Aber wir "machen" fleißig weiter......stimmt's?
    Ich wünsche Dir eine gute Zeit
    Ganz ♥liche Grüße
    Karin

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Genau, liebe Karin, bloß nicht verzagen!
      Zugegeben: Nicht jeder Fehlversuch lässt sich retten und/oder umwandeln. Meistens ribbele ich gnadenlos alles auf, aber hier fiel es mir ausgesprochen schwer. Zum Glück, denn der Poncho gefällt mir auch!
      Ich wünsche dir einen wunderschönen Tag,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  5. Liebe Marjan,
    das sieht toll aus, so ein tolles Teil würde mir auch gefallen !!!
    Superschick finde ich die Knöpfe und der umgeschlagene Kragen. Ich bewundere immer was Du alles für kreative Sachen du arbeitest. Auch Deine Farbwahl gefällt mir, ein Kleidungsstück das zu vielem passt. Sei lieb gegrüßt von Carmen

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen lieben Danke, liebste Carmen.
      Ich wollte unbedingt Knöpfe dran haben - die Weste hätte ja auch welche gehabt, aber für ein Poncho sind sie genau das gewisse "Extra", was sein musste! Und für die Farbwahl stand ja dieses mal mein Jüngster Pate...
      Ich wünsche dir einen wunderschönen Tag,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  6. Ich bin der gleichen Meinung wie meine Vorkommentatorinen :)
    Jutta

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Dank, liebe Jutta!
      Ab jetzt sollten wir also nicht mehr jeden Fehlversuch gleich aufribbeln, oder?
      Ich wünsche dir einen gelungenen Tag,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  7. Me gusta mucho,mucho!!! tanto en la forma como la combinación de colores tan suave y armoniosa!!
    Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Muchas gracias, querida Pilar.
      Estaba feliz que podría convertir las noticias en un poncho.
      Tiene un gran día!
      Marjan

      Löschen
  8. You are amazing! how do you do this?? It's so so so beautiful, I want one like this! And I love those buttons! Wow!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Katrin.
      Still happy I thought of turning the vest into a poncho before I had frogged it completely... The buttons really make a huge difference, don't they?
      Have a great day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  9. Toll gemacht! LG, Mariam

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Mishap turned into a beautiful, cozy looking poncho!
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, Alexandra.
      The poncho is cosy indeed!
      Have a great day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  11. I like your colours, Marjan! From a distance, it looks like one colourshade, but when you look closer, there are 3 beautiful pastels in such a beautiful stitch.
    The poncho looks perfect to me!
    Have a nice weekend, Sigrid

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Sigrid.
      That's why I like the moss stitch this much. It always looks great, but one does need at least 3 different shades.
      Have a lovely weekend,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  12. I love your poncho so I'm wondering what did the mishap look like? Do you have an photos of what it was that needed frogging?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Julia,
      no, I do not have any pictures of the unfinished vest-to-be, that did not turn out the way I had hoped/expected. Sorry. I was too disappointed to even think of taking any - exept for the close-up of the stitch.
      Have a lovely weekend,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  13. Love the colors and design. LOL from mistakes come masterpieces. I'm now your google+ follower so please get social with me.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Nancy.
      Doesn't always turn out like this though. And most of the time I just frog the complete thing. But now I was reluctant to soing so because of the stitch - it did look so pretty.
      Have a great weekend,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  14. Marjan that is no mishap. That is beautiful and I would be proud to wear it . It is so modern looking to me.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Mary,
      the poncho is what I turned the mishap into. That one is fine, but I'm still pondering why the vest didn't work...
      Have a great Sunday,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  15. This is such a beautiful wrap! You did an amazing job on this!

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. That’s a very beautiful poncho. I would like to know which crochet stitches you used.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Dear Annemari,
      the poncho has been made in granit of linen stitches, that's: 1 dc (UK-terms) + ch 1 + 1 dc + ch 1 ... on one row and 1 dc + ch 1 + 1 dc + ch 1 + ... on the second, making the dc stitches into the ch-1-loops. Just have a look on pinterest, google or youTube, there are plenty of tutorials around.
      Have a lovely Sunday,
      Marjan

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts